Over the years, Star Cinema has been producing most of the highest grossing Filipino films of all time. On average, the mainstream film outfit releases 10 films every year, all of which are geared toward a specific demographic –the masses. But in spite the booming market for this industry, the critics pose a statement that echoes for eternity: mainstream movies doesn’t have much depth or cinematic quality. All they have are blatant ads.
Whether watching Star Cinema films is just for fun or not, what’s a better way to judge it than to re-watch some of it while drinking with your Star Cinema loving pals? (If you have any, I’m lucky to have a few friends who share the same liking, lol don’t judge)
Thus, I propose the Star Cinema drinking game:
1) The movie title references a song.
2) A product placement appears.
3) A cheesy conversation happens inside the car.
Ang cute mo pala pag nakangiti ‘no?
4) Support cast includes Janus del Prado.
Poy, tama na!
5) OR Joross Gamboa.
SupLaida Magtalas VS Miggy Montemonyo
6) There’s a rain scene.
Patigilin mo’ng ulan!
7) Big revelations happen inside the car.
‘Pag sinabi ko ba sa’yo noong mahal kita sasabihin mo na mahal mo rin ako? OO!!
8) Male lead has family issues.
9) Female lead has good family ties.
10) They make you think that the actors were talking to each other over the phone, only to reveal later on that they weren’t.
Oh, nakikita na kita!
Drink TWICE/ finish a whole glass if:
1) Male lead is John Lloyd Cruz.
2) There’s a song (and dance) number.
3) Female lead has been paired with John Lloyd Cruz before.
5) Someone in your group quotes a line from the movie, with matching feelings.
6) Lead characters end up together.
Rent a mobile bar:
The moment Sarah Geronimo gets her first onscreen kiss.